The Nest was built to offer a nurturing, intimate and welcoming space in local hangouts in local neighbourhoods across the UK, for parents to meet and learn. It’s about helping and empowering families to build confidence around birthing, bonding and feeding their baby. Your way is best and we help you find it.
So, what makes The Nest Club ‘Birth and Beyond’ series special?…
• It’s antenatal and postnatal education for the REAL WORLD. Most of us don’t have family living down the
road (phew!) or the idyllic home water birth. Our view is that the ‘real scoop’ is better than sugar-coating.
• We SPEAK CANDIDLY about the important stuff; pain relief during labour, giant sanitary pads, the inside
story on relationships and sex as new parents and the very practical…how to hail a cab in labour
• We don’t play to a 50’s model of the ‘ideal family’. EVERY PARENT is welcome at The Nest Club
• Our approach is designed by our PANEL OF EXPERTS to give parents the most forward-thinking, trusted advice from the leading expert in each field. Our panel brings together midwifery,
obstetrics and the world of health and wellness to provide a balanced approach for life today.
• We believe that the postnatal period is MUCH longer than 6-8 weeks and that there is too much
‘soldiering on’ unnecessarily. Our sessions run-up to and crucially after the birth and we provide the help
and advice when you need it most. We focus on the postnatal plan to ensure you’re connected with the
right help and support once baby arrives.
• At the heart of The Nest is the belief that self-care and baby care are important in equal measure – the
nurturer needs to be nurtured.
• At the end of the course you are offered a MUM-BUDDY who can be there for you come rain or shine,
night or day for the first year.
• Then there’s FRIENDSHIP. Every parent will know that parenting can be a lonely business. We like to think
that our most important role is to facilitate the wonderful friendships that can turn a bad day good. We
bring like-minded people together for learning, laughs and the best coffee and cake in town.
[Add more overview…]